Why is working in care so rewarding?
To celebrate Carers Week 2021, we thought we would dedicate our next blog post to why a career in care can be so rewarding. At JAYCO, we currently have over 100 workers who make up our Health and Social temporary work bank. We supply clients all over the North East with a variety of different care roles from Healthcare Assistants to Support Workers and everything in between. We have formed a list of the top 5 reasons people work in care:
1. Making a Difference - one of the most rewarding aspects of being a carer is knowing you can make a positive difference on someone’s life no matter how big or small on daily basis which can provide a great sense of achievement. There is no doubting this can sometimes be a challenging environment to work in, but the positives more often than not outweigh the negatives, such as seeing a big change in a resident’s confidence or overall physical condition can be very rewarding. If you are a naturally selfless person and you love helping people, then a career in care will help you follow this passion.
2. No two days are the same - as a carer you are always meeting new people whether that is new service users or working within a team of other care professionals which leads to no two days ever being the same, you are constantly working in different environments with new people with unique healthcare needs.
3. Creating Relationships - A career in care also allows you to create meaningful and fulfilling relationships with not just the service user but also their family and friends.
4. Progression - there are lots of avenues a care worker can go down. They can complete NVQ qualifications whilst they are working so they can have the opportunity to apply for senior management roles in the future.
5. Flexible Work Schedule - most carers also enjoy a flexible work schedule; this is why lots of care assistants chose JAYCO. As a growing business we have lots of work available over many different locations and we can offer day, night and sleep in shifts which allows the carers to have a great work life balance.
Looking for a new role in care? We are always looking to add to our Heath and Social care work bank. We are looking for Senior and non-senior Health Care Assistants, Child Residential Support Workers, Support Workers, Project Workers and Nurses all across the North-East and beyond. If you have at least 6 months paid experience in any of the above roles, please send you CV to email@example.com or you can speak to one of our team on 0191 691 4200 for more details.
BE THE BEST - HAVE THE BEST
Start browsing jobs with Jayco, find your perfect role.Search Jobs