What does it take to be a Health Care Assistant?
Health Care Assistants play a vital role in providing care for a variety of different service users. This can be a rewarding and mixed role as an HCA carries out a wide range of duties of care and support in a care home environment. We believe our current Health Care Assistants are the best around as they have unrivalled skill set and knowledge of care. We have created a list of the top 10 essential qualities (in no particular order) of what it takes to be a Health Care Assistant at Jayco Recruitment.
1. Experience - All Jayco workers have at least 6 months paid experience in a Health Care Assistant role. Furthermore, they must provide two references from previous employees.
2. Training - Health Care Assistants must take 17 training modules ranging from Food Hygiene to Moving and Handling. They are unable to work unless all of these modules are completed. There is also on-going training to ensure our workers keep up with the latest practices.
3. Education - All of our Senior Health Care Assistants hold an NVQ Level 3 and the majority of the non-seniors have an NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care.
4. Working in a team -Health Care Assistants are sometimes required to work with a wider care team to help meet the service user’s needs.
5. Working independently -Sometimes they are required to work 1 to 1 with a service user. Therefore, they must be confident in their own skills and knowledge to work independently.
6. Resilience - Health Care Assistants are often faced with difficult situations where they must remain calm and patient.
7. Good fitness levels - This role can require the moving and handling of service users and the use of heavy equipment.
8. Confidentiality - Health Care Assistants must have the ability to keep sensitive information confidential at all times.
9. Follow the rules - All government guidelines must by followed at all times especially during COVID-19 times. Also, meal and medication times must be followed in line with the service users care plan.
10. Caring and Friendly - These are the main qualities of a Jayco Health Care Assistant. They must be able to support the service user whilst also promoting their independence in a kind and professional manner.
BE THE BEST - HAVE THE BEST
Start browsing jobs with Jayco, find your perfect role.Search Jobs